Now, when Forskolin is virtually considered a household word for many people struggling against the excessive weight, the comparison of this supplement with another weight loss product called Garcinia Cambogia is becoming more and more frequent. The latter one is also often advertised as a super effective diet pill of natural origin.
However, the claims and comparisons of these dietary supplements are somehow contradictory. That’s why we decided to show you what makes these pills similar and how they differ.
The similarities between the supplements are as follows:
- Advertisements call both of these pills the forward-looking anti-overweight remedies which are sure to fight extra pounds
- Both supplements contribute to the non-considerable body weight cut
- Both remedies decrease blood sugar levels
- Both products have a completely natural origin since they are made of 100% natural herbal substances
- The diet pills have been long used as the traditional medicine remedies for curing different medical conditions
- There are no strict agreements concerning the most suitable supplementation dosages
- There is a probability of unsafe interactions if the supplements are improperly combined with the other both natural products and synthetic medicines
- Both Forskolin and Garcinia Cambogia are contraindicated for the pregnant women
As for the differences between Forskolin and Garcinia Cambogia, they include:
- When taking Forskolin, there is almost zero probability of adverse reactions development. At the same time, Garcinia Cambogia may cause adverse reactions quite harmful to the health. These negative reactions include confused mental state, tiredness, and others.
- There is no plausible proof that Forskolin is able to decrease the hunger feeling and inhibit the constant desire to eat. Garcinia Cambogia has a potential to cope with enormous appetite and overwhelming hunger feeling.
- Except the promotion of body weight reduction, Garcinia Cambogia can only make cholesterol levels decline. As for Forskolin, it was investigated by many clinical trials that this natural remedy is helpful for healing a wide range of diseases. Among them, there are some types of cancer, hypertension, glaucoma, and others.
It’s obvious that both supplements have own strong and weak sides. But anyway, Forskolin upsides outweigh the positive effects of Garcinia Cambogia because Forskolin is much safer and is able to give a boost to the overall health of overweight people.
Dr. Oz on Forskolin Weight Loss Effects
Wide audience knew frankly speaking nothing about Forskolin till it was introduced to the public during the Dr. Oz Show that went on the air in 2014.
In fact, Dr. Oz is a notorious person in the U.S. in both American surgery realm and show business. Oprah Winfrey once even called Dr. Oz the “America’s doctor” because of this influence on the consciousness of people trying to deal with some health and appearance issues.
He is even more famous with his often deliberately provocative show than with this medical practice. His persuasive and marketing skills are so strong and impressive that he is virtually reputed as a king of sales and promotion.
pThat’s why at the instigation of Dr. Oz many anti-overweight supplements won a chance to conquer the hundreds of thousands of customers all over the globe. And
Forskolin is not an exception.
The majority of people have firstly heard about Forskolin on the “Rapid Belly Melt” during one of the Dr. Oz Show episode. To demonstrate how Forskolin acts in the human body, the doctor took a fat bally paper model and set it aflame.
The doctor compared the action of this natural substance to a furnace. When paper model was quickly burnt to ashes, everyone saw a fire-resistant muscle mass model aimed at indicating the fat-melting mechanism of Forskolin action. He put an emphasis on the supplement ability to destroy fat instead of muscle almost in the twinkling of an eye.
Also, in his another show, Dr. Oz compared Forskolin to the spark in a bottle and a wonderful flower able to easily combat fat deposits.
And the show guest who was a weight loss specialist told that this supplement helped her patients lose 2 times more body weight than without the supplementation.
The expert stated that Forskolin can speed up sluggish metabolic rate. However, the specialist didn’t affirm that the supplement does wonders on its own. Instead, the expert highlighted that Forskolin can be effective when combined with moderate workouts and appropriate eating plan.
But still Dr. Oz claimed that he conducted own study and was astonished by how greatly the supplement kindles the flame of metabolism. To offer illuminating insights into the mechanism of Forskolin action, he took a pot with simmering water and put a white powder into it. As a result, simmering water was immediately turned into intensely boiling water.
What the Study Tells
Not to make unsubstantiated statements, Dr. Oz made reference to a randomized placebo-controlled double blind study of Forskolin effects carried out by the University of Kansas.
This small-scale initial trial involved the male participants suffering from moderate overweight and obesity. The study duration was 12 weeks. The study groups included just 15 participants each. The study subjects from the control group used 10% herb extract by taking it 2 times every day during the whole study period.
The male subjects from the first group who took Forskolin experienced the improvement of the body composition. In particular, it was reported about the substantial reduction of fat deposits in the body, slight bone mass enlargement, and inconsiderable lean mass increase.
Also, quite noticeable elevation of serum free testosterone levels was observed.
To be fair, it should be noted that thought the participants noticed pleasant changes in the body composition due to the overall fat loss, their body weight didn’t decrease significantly.
That’s why it’s possible to call the claims about the exclusive weight loss and belly fat cut properties of Forskolin an exaggeration to some extent.
There was one more double blind study that engaged 23 female participants with mild overweight. The study findings were brought to the public by the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition in 2005.
During the 12-week long study, it was found out that Forskolin supplementation with 250 mg of the remedy 2 times per day almost had no influence on the body shape and didn’t contribute to the weight reduction. 10% plant extract was used in the study.
However, it was noticed that the supplement did assisted in preventing and/or diminishing the weight gain. And this body weight management option didn’t cause any major adverse reactions.
Except human studies, the animal study in rats was conducted.
According to this study, Forskolin can be helpful for avoiding obesity developed as a result of irrational nutrition plan.
So, it’s clear that the supplementation has somehow different effects in men and women. But it’s still possible to conclude that the statements of Dr. Oz don’t sound proofless because the study findings really confirm the impact of Forskolin the body fat percentage and weight.
However, additional investigation is required to exactly clarify how and to what extent this natural supplement can help overcome the problem of overweight.